Hollywoodbets have team up with Fantasy Sports Interactive to launch a great new sports product called the Hollywoodbets Fantasy League. The new game combines the gameplay of fantasy sports with fixed odds betting, perfect for sports fans who love betting and playing fantasy league. We’re going to be having a closer look at the new game as well as how it works.
What is the Hollywoodbets Fantasy League?
Players who have an account with Hollywoodbets will have the opportunity to build their very own fantasy team from players participating in in specific leagues and bet on their collective performance, the better your selected team does the more your bet will return!
By making use of detailed league and player statistics, the fantasy league game will generate a series of points thresholds (point ranges) each match week, that players’ fantasy teams need to reach in order to win, with the bet payout based on the teams performance.
How to play the Hollywoodbets Fantasy League
The new game can only be accessed on mobile, by players who have a Hollywoodbets account. If you don’t have an account you’ll need to sign up with Hollywoodbets in order to play. Registration is free and you’ll also get a free R25, just for signing up.
To get started playing the Hollywoodbets Fantasy League;
- Login into your Hollywoodbets Account on Mobile
- Click on Fantasy League Betting on the Hollywoodbets Menu
- Enter your team name, select your players and start playing
- Be sure to assign a Captain and a vice Captain, you can do this by clicking the “C” or the “VC” on a player to assign them
- Players not wanting to select a team manually can use the autofill option to have the system automatically select a team
Your team should include:
- 1 Goalkeeper
- 3-6 Defenders
- 2-6 Midfielders
- 1-3 Forwards
Fantasy League Betting
The option to bet on your own Hollywoodbets Fantasy League is what makes the game so exciting compared to other fantasy league games. The betting is very straightforward and your betting returns are dependent on how your fantasy team performs, if your team scores points in a certain range then those are the odds you’ll get on your bet.
Here’s how to place your bets on the fantasy league;
- Firstly, check the Fixed-Odds-Fantasy board featuring Fantasy Points Thresholds and corresponding odds.
- If you are happy with the odds on offer for the game week then you can enter a stake you are comfortable with or select one of the quick stakes of R5, R10 or R15, the bet slip will tell you what the max win of your bet is.
- Once you are happy with the stake size and the team place your bet. You’ll get a pop up requesting that you confirm your bet, once you accept your bet will be placed.
- You can check your placed bets by clicking on “Entries History”
How the scoring works
In order for your player to score points they will need to play the match. Players on the bench who do not play will not earn you any points. The most points are awarded for scoring goals, while your players will earn a minimum of 1 point just for being on the field.
The player points scoring system is as follows;
- Playing up to 60 minutes : GK 1 / DF 1 / MF 1 / FW 1
- Playing for 6 minutes or more : GK 2 / DF 2 / MF 2 / FW 2
- Points per goal scored by player : GK 8 / DF 8 / MF 5 / FW 5
- Points for each goal assist : GK 5 / DF 5 / MF 2 / FW 1
- Keeping a clean sheet : GK 3 / DF 3 / MF 1 / FW 0
Those looking for the latest results can find them on the Fantasy League Betting game by navigating to the fixtures page, which contains all the results and fixtures of the current game week. You can also view match results in details, as well as future fixtures.
Our Final Thoughts
Playing the Hollywoodbets Fantasy League Betting game is definitely something we recommend to players who enjoy games like the Fantasy Premier League. Instead of playing against others in a pool you’re playing to get the best payout for your bet.
It’s a great combination and it works a treat on the Hollywoodbets site. The only downside is that it is not currently available on desktop, which is not really a problem considering that most punters are going to play on mobile. Something we’re sure will change once more players join the game. We have no hesitation in recommending the fantasy league to players! If you’d like to know more about Hollywoodbets and what else they have to offer then have a read through our Hollywoodbets review.