The most exciting part of being a new customer at any betting site in South Africa is that you nearly always get a free bet. You can think of this bonus as a thank you gift from the bookmaker for signing up and becoming a player. As punters, we can pick and choose from the best free bets and bonuses available at different bookmakers—or even take advantage of them all!
Keep reading to find out what a free bet is and how it works. We will also tell you which South African bookies have the best welcome offers available right now and how to claim your free bets as a new customer.
Which Betting Sites Give Free Bets?
Almost every online bookmaker in South Africa offers some sort of free bet for customers, whether it’s a no-strings-attached bonus or a match offer with your first deposit. Below we list some of our favourite free bets offers available, but keep in mind that many of these top online betting sites also have a deposit match offer you can claim instead if you prefer.
Gbets R30 Free Bet
Gbets offer new customers a R30 free bet when signing up for an account. To claim your R30 welcome offer from Gbets register a new account, sign in and click the gift box icon or your account profile. Your available bonuses include a StaySafe R30 Bonus and a First Deposit Match Bonus up to R1 000—the choice is yours!
To meet the wagering requirements, your bonus must be rolled over at least 5 times at any odds. Before making a withdrawal, your account must also be FICA verified.
- The bonus expires 30 days after being claimed.
- The bonus is subject to a wager turnover requirement of at least 5 times.
- The bonus is for use on BetGames and Live Games.
- The bonus cannot be used on Sport or Lucky Numbers.
- The maximum amount of real money winnings generated from the bonus money is R30. Upon withdrawal, the R30 bonus will not be included in your withdrawable winnings.
- Unless stated by Gbets, respective bonuses are issued on a 1 per account basis only.
- Irregularities between the name of the account holder and the name of the individual making a deposit/s for that account may invalidate any bonus issuing.
- Customers also have an option to not claim a bonus offered by Gbets if they so wish.
Betway R25 Free Bet
When you join Betway, get a R25 Sign Up Free Bet to use on soccer, cricket, rugby or any of the other exciting sports on offer. Upon successful registration, you’ll be sent an OTP to the mobile number you provided within 30 minutes. To claim your R25 Free Bet, visit your Betway account profile and enter the OTP you received. You also have the option of registering a new account on the Betway Data Free Site.
To meet the wagering requirements, play through your bonus at least once at any odds. Also note that to withdraw your bonus winnings, you must make a R25 minimum deposit and your account must be FICA verified.
- The R25 Free Bet offer is valid for new Betway customers only.
- The R25 Sign Up Bet can only be claimed once per new customer.
- The customer must pass FICA verification through Betway’s automatic verification tool at the time of registration. Should the automatic verification fail, Betway will request FICA documents and only once the customer’s documentation has been verified will the R25 Sign Up Bet be awarded to the customer.
- The maximum return on any Sign Up Free Bet is R5 000.
- Any winnings from the R25 Sign Up Bet cannot be withdrawn until a customer has made a minimum deposit of R25 and wagered the deposit in full.
Supabets R50 Free Bet
New customers at Supabets can get a R50 Sign Up Free Bet when they sign up. To claim your free bet, simply register an account and the bonus will be credited the next day before 7am.
To meet the wagering requirements, play through your bonus at least 3 times at odds of 11/10 or bigger. Also note that to withdraw your bonus winnings, you must deposit at least R50 and your account must be FICA verified.
- This offer is for new registrations only (Valid from 29 March 2019).
- All Accounts will be credited the following day at 7am.
- R50 Bonus must be rolled over at least 3 times at odds of 11/10 or bigger before it can be withdrawn.
- Bonus funds must be played through within 15 days of being received or they will expire.
- Please note that stake will not be returned to your bonus wallet.
- Only single bets can be placed with bonus money.
- No split bets are allowed for qualification of the bonus or rolling over of the received bonus amount.
- If you do not wish to be given a Free Bet, email customer support prior to making your first bet.
- Free Bet bonus winnings cannot be withdrawn without making a deposit of at least R50.
Hollywoodbets R25 Free Bet
Get a R25 Free Bet with NO DEPOSIT when you open a new account at Hollywoodbets. To claim your free bet, simply register an account and the bonus is credited as soon as your account is activated.
Before requesting a withdrawal, play through your R25 Free Bet at least once at odds of 5/10 or bigger. Also note that to withdraw your winnings, you must FICA verify our account.
- To qualify for the FICA Bonus, the customer must sign up for an online/mobile betting account.
- A limit of one account and free bet per customer applies.
- The R25 sign-up bonus must be used within 24 hours of account activation or it will be forfeited.
- The account holder will not be entitled to withdraw the R25 out of their account until the funds have first been turned over in full.
- Betting on individual markets with odds of less than 5/10 will not be deemed to be compliant.
- The bonus credited cannot be wagered on both markets in the same event. This includes betting on Lucky Numbers (High/Low), To Bat First, To Kick-Off First, or any markets deemed inappropriate by Hollywoodbets.
WSB R50 Free Bet
World Sports Betting (WSB) is offering punters a R50 Free Bet when they sign up as a new customer. To claim the offer, simply register an account and contact support within 72 hours via email or live chat. As long as your account passes a quick security check, the R50 Free Bet will be added to your account.
To meet wagering requirements, you must play through your bonus at least 5 times at odds of 5/10 or bigger. Also note that to withdraw your winnings, you must make a minimum deposit of R50 and your account must be FICA verified.
- You will need to wager the bonus at least 5 times before you can withdraw from your account.
- Only bets made at odds of 5/10 or greater will count towards wagering.
- Previous account holders are not eligible for the free bet.
- Free Bets are limited to single bets only, and cannot be used for SP bets, tote bets or lotto bets.
- Free Bets cannot be used in conjunction with any other WSB promotions including the First Deposit Match Offer.
- Free Bet stake is not included in any returns and is non-withdrawable.
What Is A Free Bet?
A free bet is just what it sounds like—free money which you can use to bet without affecting your cash balance. These sign up offers are either given to customers in addition to a First Deposit Bonus or as an alternative. With most bookies, if players claim a Sign Up Free Bet, they are unable to claim their Deposit Bonus and vice versa.
Though, some betting sites in South Africa do offer a small sign up free bet or FICA bonus to get you started and then sweeten the deal with a First Deposit Bonus up to a specified amount. But today we won’t focus much on deposit match offers and instead we’ll tell you about 5 Free Bets you can claim in South Africa from some of our favourite online bookmakers!
The way free bets usually work is that after you register with an online betting company, your account balance is credited with R25, R50 or even R100 in bonus cash. Depending on the bookmaker, you might have to make a deposit before requesting a withdrawal.
Where deposits are required, the minimum amount is usually equal to the value of the bonus and can be made before or after you’ve used your free bet. All bookmakers in South Africa also require that you FICA verify your betting account before any winnings can be paid out.
How To Claim And Use Your Free Bet
The process for claiming and using your free bet is almost the same wherever you sign up. The way you go about it can however differ slightly with regards to the wagering requirements of the free bet and whether you need to deposit before requesting a withdrawal.
Follow the steps below and remember to contact customer support if you have any issues claiming or using your free bet:
- Visit the site and click the Register/Join/Sign up button in the top right of your screen.
- Read the bonus terms and conditions (usually at the top or bottom of the site’s homepage) to see the Free Bet rules around wagering, deposits and FICA verification.
- Once the free bet has been credited, it should be visible in the top right corner near your cash balance.
- Make a selection and add it to your betslip.
- Confirm your bet.
- You’ve now placed your free bet. Good luck!
Can You Withdraw Free Bets?
Unfortunately not. You’ll have to place one or more bets and wait to see if you win before withdrawing any money from your betting account. The amount you need to bet before requesting a withdrawal depends on the wagering requirements of the free bet. You can usually find the terms and conditions for free bets listed on the bookmaker’s website and we’ve also included some of these rules for you under each free bet offer covered in this article.
Find The Right Free Bet For You!
With so many great free bet offers available in South Africa, finding the perfect sign up bonus is easier than ever. Whether you want to try out a new betting site with a Free Bet or double your bankroll with a juicy First Deposit Bonus, there are plenty of promotions waiting to be claimed at South Africa’s top online bookmakers.
The best advice we can give you is to take your time as you look around for the most generous free bet offers and read the bonus terms and conditions carefully before you get started! If you’re new to the world of online betting or have some experience but want to learn more, take a look at our Ultimate Betting Guide for absolutely everything you need to be a winner!
Are there any free bet offers we’ve missed here you’d like to tell us about? Let us know in the comments below.