The British & Irish Lions will play three Test matches against the Springboks, the reigning World Champions, on their tour of South Africa in 2021. All the matches are set to take place in Cape Town and Gauteng and will be played behind closed doors due to the Covid 19 pandemic. In this guide we are going to run through the dates for South Africa v The Lions, as well as the betting odds and where you can place your bets.
South Africa v British & Irish Lions 2021 Dates
- 24 July 2021 – Cape Town – Springboks v British & Irish Lions Match 1
- 31 July 2021 – Johannesburg – Springboks v British & Irish Lions Match 2
- 7 August 2021 – Johannesburg – Springboks v British & Irish Lions Match 3
Outright Betting odds and markets
There are several betting options available to those rugby punters looking to place bets on either the overall tour or on individual matches. Most South African bookmakers have the Lions priced as favourites for the series at around 1.73, with the Springboks priced at 2.20 and the draw at 26.00.
Springboks v British & Irish Lions Match Betting
The Lions are favourites for the first match in Cape Town, priced at 1.85, with the Springboks at 1.91. The handicap is generally around between 1.5 and 2.5 in favour of the Lions, but this is subject to change closer to kick off. Most major betting sites like MG Sports Betting, Betway and Sportingbet (and others) will be offering the match live or inplay, so if you don’t manage to get your bets in early you will be able to place them during the match.
Lions Tour Betting Promotions
- Place a Rugby Union Pre-match Match Winnerbet and if your team scores more tries than the opposition but loses the match, we’ll refund 50% of your stake as a FreeBet at MG Sports Betting.
- Back the Boks to win and get a double payout if they win by 10 or more points at Bet.co.za.
- Win R50,000 each match day with the Betway British & Irish Lions tour promotion
We’ll be updating this section once more bookmakers have released promotions.
Where to bet on the British & Irish Lions Tour
As mentioned most South African betting sites are offering betting on the tour. The odds on offer will vary so we recommend you do your homework before striking your bets, as any good rugby punter will know! We at Best Sports Betting recommend the following sites for British & Irish Lions betting;
|100% Deposit match free bet up to R1000 on sports, or R2000 on casino games using promo code BSBZA1|
|R25 Free Bet For New Customers|
|100% Deposit Match Bonus Up To R5000, R50 Free Bet + 100 Free Spins|
|Risk Free Bet Up To R2000|
|100% Deposit Match Bonus Up To R3000|
|100% Deposit Match Bonus Up To R2000 using promo code GMB100|
|100% Deposit Match Bonus Up To R1000 & R25 Free Bet|
|R50 sign up Free Bet & 50% deposit match up to R2000|
|100% Deposit Match Bonus Up To R1000|