When you’ve been doing this a while you learn that when it comes to any welcome bonus that wagering is everything. Because it doesn’t matter how big your bonus is if you can’t meet the playthrough requirements to make a withdrawal. With only 3 times wagering at small odds of ½ (1.5), the Sportingbet Welcome Bonus is one of the best welcome offers for sports betting.
We run you through all the details of the Sportingbet Welcome Bonus so you know exactly what to expect when signing up. From how to claim your Sportingbet 100% First Deposit Bonus to wagering rules and tips for making the most of your bonus, get all the answers you need right here. If you don’t already have a Sportingbet account, sign up now!
What is the Sportingbet Welcome Bonus?
Sportingbet offers a one-time welcome bonus to new customers where 100% of your first deposit is matched up to R2 000. The bonus amount depends on how much you deposit. For example, if you deposit R2 000 into your Sportingbet account, you will then have R2000 cash + R2000 bonus cash to play with. Sportingbet also offers new customers a R2 000 welcome bonus for their casino and live games, which you can find more about here.
How To Claim Your Sportingbet Welcome Bonus
Here’s how to claim your Sportingbet welcome bonus in just a few easy steps:
- Visit the Sportingbet website and click Register at the top right of the homepage.
- Complete the three-step registration process.
- Log in to your account and click Deposit at the top right of your screen.
- Select a deposit method and enter your desired amount.
- At the bottom of the screen, click the Bonus Code drop-down menu and enter the code WELCOMEBONUS to claim the offer.
- Click the green Deposit button.
- Your welcome bonus will immediately be credited to your account.
Which Deposit Methods Can I Use at Sportingbet?
Make a minimum deposit of R10 using any of the following payment methods to qualify for the Sportingbet welcome bonus:
- Visa debit/credit card
- 1Foryou Voucher / 1Voucher
- Mastercard debit/credit card
- Apple Pay
How Do I Use My Sportingbet Welcome Bonus?
Once your Sportingbet welcome bonus has been credited to your account, you can place bets the same way as with your cash.
- Log in to your Sportingbet account.
- Find the sport, league and match you want to bet on.
- Make your selection/s by clicking the odds.
- Go to your bet slip and enter your stake.
- In your bet slip, check the box Use Bonus Cash.
- Click Place Bet to confirm.
Which Bets Can I Place With My Sportingbet Welcome Bonus?
There are thousands of betting markets across more than 40 sports available, and your Sportingbet welcome bonus can be used for any of them. Whether you’re a soccer, horse racing, rugby or cricket fan, you have plenty of options to choose from. If you want to use your welcome bonus to bet on politics or entertainment, these special markets can also count towards your wagering requirements.
Sportingbet Welcome Bonus Wagering Requirements
To withdraw bonus funds, you will need to wager the deposit and bonus amount 3 times on sports bets (singles or accumulators) with combined odds of 1/2 (1.5) or more. For example, if you make a first deposit of R100 and receive a welcome bonus of R100, you must place qualifying bets to the value of R600 (R100 + R100 x 3) to transfer your bonus balance to ‘Withdrawable’. Bets where you have used Cash Out or Edit My Bet also won’t count towards wagering.
How Long Does My Sportingbet Welcome Bonus Last?
You have 30 days to place one or more qualifying bets and meet the wagering requirements or the welcome bonus is forfeited.
How Do Payouts On Bonus Bets Work?
When you win a bet using bonus cash, you get back less than you would with a cash bet. Because you’re using house money to place the bet, you don’t get the stake back. For example, if you place a R10 bet with bonus cash on odds of 5/1 (5.0) your winnings will be R50 (not R60) because your R10 stake goes back to the bookie.
What Is The Most I Can Win With My Bonus?
The maximum payout on bonus bets is R5 million, the same as a cash bet. The only difference is you won’t get the stake back.
Can I Withdraw My Sportingbet Welcome Bonus?
No, you can only withdraw funds which you’ve converted from your ‘Restricted’ balance to your ‘Withdrawable balance’. To do this, place one or more qualifying bets until the welcome bonus wagering requirements have been met. To keep track of cash and bonus balances in your account, go to My Account -> My Balance.
Can I Bet On Opposing Markets With My Sportingbet Welcome Bonus?
Bets on opposing markets on the same event will NOT count towards wagering. For example, you cannot bet on both Odd and Even goals in the same soccer match. Placing these kinds of bets will cause your bonus and any winnings to be confiscated.
Pro Tip: Nothing is stopping you from placing an opposing bet on another betting site. For example, you can place a bet at Sportingbet on Over 2.5 goals using bonus cash and another bet at Betway on Under 2.5 goals with real cash. No matter what happens in the match, one of your bets will win and you’ll make a profit.
Can I Open A Duplicate Account To Claim Another Bonus?
No, customers who create duplicate accounts will NOT receive an additional bonus and players could be penalised by having both accounts closed.
Sportingbet Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions
- Get an extra 100% up to 2,000 ZAR on your first deposit as a bonus.
- To claim this offer, the first deposit must be made within 30 days following registration.
- Minimum deposit: 10 ZAR.
- You must use the bonus code WELCOMEBONUS when making your first deposit.
- Valid payment methods: ALL.
- Bonus type: Withdrawal restricted. Bonus funds are available to play with, but cannot be withdrawn until the requirements are met.
- Your bonus and winnings amount will be displayed as Restricted Amount and will be visible in the bonus section of your account until the requirements of your bonus have been met.
- Unrestricted after wagering 3 times the bonus and deposit amount on Sports.
- Wagering on bets with total odds above 1.5 will be applicable for the release requirements.
- The requirements of your bonus can only be met when playing on Sports. The bonus and winnings amount can only be played in these categories until the requirements are met.
- Time to un-restrict bonus: 30 days.
- Amount lost if bonus not unrestricted in time: Bonus and winnings amount
- You can keep track of your bonuses in the bonus section of your account.
- Any ‘Cash Out’ or ‘Edit My Bet’ bets will not count towards wagering restrictions if bonus funds are used to place the bet.
- Only bets placed after the bonus being claimed will be considered towards the wagering requirements to release the bonus.
- Bets on opposing markets on the same event will NOT count towards wagering requirements and the user will lose his bonus and any winnings won with the bonus. For example, backing both odd and even goals in the same event.
- Customers using duplicate accounts will not be credited. The bonus is designed for recreational accounts only and will be attributed accordingly. Sportingbet’s decision in this regard will be final and non-negotiable.
- Standard rules apply.
Sportingbet Welcome Bonus Code
When making your first deposit with Sportingbet, click the Bonus Code drop-down menu and enter the code WELCOMEBONUS to claim your 100% deposit match offer up to R2 000.
Not a sports fan and want to claim the Sportingbet casino bonus for new customers rather? Details here!